You need to get the ingredients from Asian shops. However, once you find the ingredients, it is so easy to make this sauce without cooking. Delicious! Also it makes a great dressing with any types of oil : )
Lemon Ponzu sauce keeps easily a year and the longer you keep, the taste gets better!
- Ingredients (ratio):
- Light soy sauce : Lemon juice : Mirin = ( 5 : 5 : 2)
- Bonito fish flakes a small packet (5g?) if you have, Kombu seaweed 5 cm piece
- So if you make about 100 ml of Ponzu sauce, use 50ml of soy sauce, 50ml of freshly squeezed lemon juice and 20ml of Mirin.
- Mix all together in a large bowl with Bonito flakes and Kombu seaweed and leave it overnight.
- The next day take the Kombu piece out then filter the fish flakes out.