-: How to Cook Sushi rice :-
2 cups of rice will make about 4 rolls.
Ingredients for ‘Sweet Kombu vinegar for Sushi rice’
Cider vinegar with sweet Kombu 50 ml, sugar 25 g, sea salt 5 g
- Wash the rice in a sauce pan very well with cold water as if massaging it with your hand then throw the water away. Repeat the same until the water in the sauce pan becomes clear. This could be 4 to 5 times.
- Drain the rice in a colander then put the rice back in a sauce pan with the same amount plus 10% of cold water.
- Put a piece of Kombu seaweed on top and let it stand for 15 minutes.
- Put all the ingredients in a empty jar then shake it until all the sugar and salt are dissolved.
- Put the rice with the Kombu seaweed on full heat with a tight fitting lid. Avoid lifting the lid throughout the cooking process in order to keep the steam and heat in a sauce pan.
- When the rice begins to boil, reduce the heat to the lowest and leave it simmer for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, turn off the heat. Let it stand for another 10 minutes to allow the steam to settle, which will make the rice soft and bouncy.
- Using a spatula, take the rice out carefully from the sauce pan and put into a large bowl.
- Pour the vinegar mix you made earlier all over the rice. Then mix into the rice with the spatula gently and quickly as you fold the rice many times. At the same time you fan the rice using your other hand to let it cool to the room temperature!